Talking About Family Court Proceedings

Experts You May Need In Your Slip And Fall Case

Expert witnesses are often called upon to explain technical aspects of injury cases so that non-experts can have a better grasp of injury issues. A slip and fall injury case is no exception, and you may need multiple experts to help you with your case. Here are some of the experts you may need to win your slip and fall injury case:

Building Professionals

You may need a building professional who is schooled and experienced in the specific issues involved in your case. Some of the building professionals you may need include contractors, engineers, architects, or even property inspectors.

For example, if you believe that your accident was caused by a defectively designed staircase, then you may need an architect or engineer to explain to the court exactly what is flawed about the building in question. Another example is a building inspector who you may need to explain why the building in which you were injured was poorly maintained or had violated the local building codes.

Accident Reconstruction Experts

Secondly, you may also need an accident reconstruction specialist to explain to the court how the accident occurred or could have occurred. This is likely to be the case if the defendant is disputing your version of the events or if there is no witness or video record of your accident that the court can use to verify your claims.

For example, if you slipped on a wet floor, an accident reconstruction expert can explain why your skid marks weren't as long as others (nonexperts) would think. Maybe there was some debris on the floor that shortened your skid.

Medical Professionals

If there is one expert witness who is almost always needed in an injury case, then it is a medical professional. Here are some of the things a medical professional, such as a medical doctor, can help you with:

  • Explaining medical jargons
  • Explaining your injuries
  • Estimating your future medical expenses
  • Explaining your injuries
  • Offering educated opinions

In most cases, you will need a medical expert witness with a relevant specialty. For example, an orthopedic may be needed for musculoskeletal injuries, such as broken bones, and a neurologist may be needed for brain injuries.

These expert witnesses will need to be paid, and their fees are some of the expenses your accident attorney will talk to you about when discussing the cost of your lawsuit. Listen carefully and ask as many questions as possible to avoid future disagreements related to expenses.

About Me

Talking About Family Court Proceedings

Hello, my name is Bridget Waller. Welcome to my site about family court proceedings. My involvement in family court was not a welcome one. Despite the difficulties experienced during that time, I focused on building my knowledge about family court proceedings rather than let the process bring me down. I created this site to share my knowledge with you all, in hopes that I can help others navigate family court proceedings with ease. I will explore every phase of the court process in great detail to help others better understand the proceedings. Please come by my site regularly to learn more. Thanks.